While the majority of electronic cigarette users seem to be able to make a smooth transition from traditional smoking to vaping, those who found that did not enjoy the experience or returned to their old habit for other reasons probably could have used the following advice. If you’re contemplating making the switch, follow these tips for the best odds of leaving tobacco behind.
- You may have to do a bit of trial and error when first starting out. Keep in mind that there are a wide variety of options to choose from when it comes to e-cigs and the quality can vary greatly. There are different nicotine levels and all types of flavors available as well. People who are used to smoking menthol flavored tobacco cigarettes will probably prefer menthol flavor e-cigs, and those who smoked plain tobacco cigarettes may do best with tobacco flavor, but some end up preferring more unique flavors such as chocolate or vanilla. Experiment to find out what works best for you and don’t give up if you aren’t satisfied the first time.
- Make sure you are prepared by having everything you need when you aren’t at home and be sure to have plenty on hand when you are home. If you don’t have cartridges available or lose battery power, you may be tempted to go back to traditional tobacco cigarettes.
- Remember that vaping can be much stronger than the regular tobacco smoking experience and it can take some time to get used to. By taking a gentler, longer “puff” from your e-cig you are more likely to get a satisfying vape.
- Treat your electronic cigarette like you would your cell phone. Be careful not to drop it and risk damage that could leave you looking for your old tobacco smokes instead.
- If you run into problems or have questions about what the process or the e-cig itself, keep in mind that there are a number of online forums with many people more than willing to help out. Don’t give up!