A: Parts of your EGO electronic cigarette (Vaporizer)
The EGO CE4 is a simple device with just two parts:
- Battery – 1100mah lithium ion rechargeable battery.
- CE4 Clearomizer – complete atomizer and tank unit that holds and vaporizes the e-liquid.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN THE CLEAROMIZER ON THE BATTERY. Over-tightening the clearomizer on the battery can cause the battery or clearomizer to malfunction.
B: Charging the battery
The batteries in your EGO CE4 kit come charged but it is recommended to charge your batteries to full capacity before their first use.
- Charge for 4 hours – continue charging even if USB charger light turns green
To charge the batteries a standard USB plug from any computer, laptop, PS3, etc. or a wall outlet using the AC adapter can be used. The light on the charger will turn green when the battery is fully charged.
C: Turning the battery ON/OFF
Press the white button once. If the light comes on, it indicates the battery is ON. If the light does not come on, it means that the battery is OFF or discharged.
To turn-on the battery, press the white button 4-5 times quickly. The button will blink a few times indicating that it is now ON. If the button is now pressed once, it will light up. This button needs to stay pressed during the time when the puff is taken.
To turn off the battery, press the white button 4-5 times quickly. The light will stay lit during that time. It will then blink a few times and then go off. . If the button is now pressed once, it will not light up
Important notes and safety precautions about charging your EGO battery:
- DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE BATTERIES ON THE CHARGER. Over-tightening the battery in the USB charger can cause the charger or battery to malfunction. Turn the battery slowly only until the light on the charger turns from green to red.
- Always plug the USB charger in before the screwing the battery into the charger. Ensure the light on the USB charger is green before charging the battery.
D. Filling up CE4 clearomizer
Filling up your CE4 clearomizer is fairly straightforward. You can fill a CE4 with a standard drip tip e-liquid bottle, but sometimes be easier for some to use the optional needle tip.
- Remove the mouthpiece by unscrewing counter-clockwise
- Hold the CE4 clearomizer at a 45 degree angle and begin dripping e-liquid along the inside wall of the unit until it is filled to just below the bottom of the rubber cover inside of the unit. It will hold approximately 1.6ml of e-liquid from empty
- Replace mouthpiece and screw it in clockwise
A few things to keep in mind about your CE4 clearomizer:
- The CE4 clearomizer should never leak from the bottom, as it is a sealed unit. It can however leak from the top if set upside down or on an angle greater then horizontal. Keep this in mind when putting your e-cigarette in your pocket or purse. Always put it in a way so that the mouthpiece is facing up.
- You may find when the tank starts to get low you may experience more dry hits. If this happens try holding the CE4 horizontal and twirling your e-cigarette to allow the last of the e-liquid to wick into the heating coil
- It is a good idea to refill your CE4 before it is completely empty. It should vape well up until it has as little as 0.2ml of e-liquid remaining.
- Most people find the most effective way to vape is to take slower and longer draws then you would with a tobacco cigarette.
- In the event that e-liquid gets trapped in the airflow holes, you may hear a bubbling sound as you vape. Simply take a piece of paper towel and wrap it around the bottom of the CE4 where the airflow holes are located, and blow hard into the mouthpiece several times. This should push the e-liquid out through the air holes and onto the paper towel.