Ecig cartridges have a tendency to dry out quickly once you open the sealing – especially if it comes with a rubber/plastic cover. If it does not come with a cover then it is probably dry already :-). Once an ecig cartridge has dried it up it creates problems including causing a burnt smell/taste.
So here are a few things you can do to extend the life of the cartridge:
- Keep opened cartridges in the refrigerator
- If you keep unopened cartridges in the refrigerator that will increase life too – especially if you are going to store it for 3-6 months or more
- Make sure it does not freeze – that will really spoil your cartridges
- After you take them out of the refrigerator allow them to warm a bit. If you don’t they will heat up too rapidly and become dry. Keep them open with cap off for 15 minutes or so.
- Air currents quicken the process of drying up the cartridges. So keep them in a dresser drawer or a closed box. No need to air seal it just don’t keep it on a table or similar open area.
- Some people prick the interior with a pin to get their vapor started. Don’t try this because this may damage the cartridge/coil.